4* De Merindol Luxury Apartments offer modern, elegant yet affordable four star self-catering accommodation, located on the beachfront of the peaceful Strand’s picturesque Golden Mile.
Guests enjoy breathtaking ocean and mountain views from luxurious apartments that are fully equipped to meet their every need. At De Merindol Luxury Apartments we pride ourselves on warm hospitality and personalized service to our guests.
Not only are De Merindol Luxury Apartments ideal for quiet getaways, family beach holidays, or even romantic honeymoons, they are also perfect for business conferencing.
History of De Merindol
The apartments were developed by a man with the surname of Malan and built in the early 90’s. Malan was originally from a town named Merindol in the Alpes-Côte-d’Azur province of Southern France. Set on the southern edge of the Luberon region of Provence, Merindol is a typical provencal village. Merindol is characterised by charming stone houses, a beautiful market square, delectable French pastries and.... stunning views!
De Merindol Luxury Apartments were named after the town Malan originated from, Merindol, because, similar to the town in Provence, the apartments in the Strand are also blessed with magnificent views. De Merindol’s spectacular ocean and mountain views can be enjoyed from the comfort of your own bedroom or your private TV lounge.
De Merindol’s close proximity to Cape Town, the Winelands and more than 16 golf courses provide an excellent starting point from which truly unique Western Cape tourist attractions can be experienced, while offering the perfect ‘home away from home’ to return to each night. We take it upon ourselves to arrange shark-cage diving, fishing trips, scuba-diving, picnic baskets, sunset cruises and more, should you require these services on your day out. Upon your return quality restaurants are within walking distance and golf-courses, hiking trails, shopping malls and various safe swimming beaches are located nearby.
Each Apartment offers
- Luxury en suite bathrooms (each apartment offers a shower and a bath)
- Heated towel rails
- Hair dryers in rooms
- Quality linen
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fans
- Modern kitchen (granite tops)
- Dishwasher, fridge, freezer, oven and microwave
- Flat screen TV with selected DSTV channels
- Wireless broadband internet
- BBQ facilities with a private, side balcony (Only apartment A&B)
- Magnificent sea and mountain views
- Secure lock-up double garages
- Daily housekeeping at no additional cost on weekdays
* Apartment A - Sleeps 5 guests
* Apartment B - Sleeps 5 guests
* Apartment C - Sleeps 5 guests
Activities & Adventures
There is an unending list of attractions in and around Strand and Cape Town...! We have compiled this page in order to assist you in planning your holiday and ensuring a memorable stay in South Africa. Please feel free to contact us, should you require any additional information. We look forward to assisting you in planning your dream holiday!
Weather update and forecast
Visit this website to see whether the weather will be playing along with your plans…
Helderberg - Things to do and see
The mountain that is visible from the Strand is called the Helderberg Mountain and the district is named after it.
- Whale watching in Gordon’s Bay and on Clarence Drive R44 (scenic coastal drive)
- Dolphins & seals are around all year (visible from beaches/scenic coastal drive)
- Helderberg Nature Reserve (021) 851 4060/6982
- Lady Phillips Tea Garden (021) 8471346
- Steenbras Dam (hiking only) (021) 850 4000
- Deep Sea Fishing (021) 855 4752
- Sunset Cruises from Strand’s harbour
- Speedboat & Jet Ski Adventures in Harbour Island
- Christmas Lights Festival (021) 851 4022
- Lwandle Hostel Museum and Arts & Crafts Centre (021) 845 6119
- Monkey Town monkey viewing (021) 858 1060
- Blue Rock Cable Water Ski (021) 858 1330
- Nature Quad Rides (021) 842 3217
- Wildlife Safaris by vehicle or aircraft – the African Big Five!
- Cape Agulhas where the Indian & Atlantic Oceans meet!
- Cape Town, Table Mountain, Robben Island and Cape Point
- Danger Point Light House and Birkenhead shipwreck
- Quad bikes, 4 x 4 trips and much more
- Wine Routes - Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franschhoek
For the golf enthusiasts
- Helderberg Village (021) 855 1262
- Erinvale (021) 847 1906
- Somerset West Country Club (021) 852 2925
- Strand Golf Course (021) 853 6268
- Vodacom Golf Village (021) 852 8600
- Pro Shop (021) 852 3625
- Scuba Diving: www.gordonsbayscubadivingclub.com
- Shark Diving: www.white-shark-diving.com and www.unrealdive.com
Activities on land
- Hiking Trails: www.cw.scouting.org.za/greathikes
- Bird Watching: www.sabirding.co.za ,
- Tygerberg Zoo: (021) 884 4494
- Hiking Routes in the vicinity: http://www.capenature.co.za/
- Arts & Crafts: www.horsetrekafrica.co.za; www.fynbostrails.com
- Hot Air Balloon Trips: www.excape.co.za/ballooning.html
- Abseiling: www.wikivillage.co.za
- Culture – Shows and Plays: www.artscape.co.za; www.baxter.co.za
- Township Tours: www.sonke.org
- Wine Tours: www.wineroute.co.za
For all major events in the Cape Town area visit www.gocapetown.co.za
For outstanding wining and dining visit www.restaurants.co.za
Average Score of 0 based on 0 reviews
Review(s) not available.
Leave Your Review
You May Also Like
Related tourism listings in the area
- Places to Stay Self Catering